The term 'highway' includes roads, pavements and verges.
Who can apply?
Contractors who hold £10 million public liability insurance may apply for a licence. The application form must be completed by the company who holds the £10 million public liability insurance and we will issue the licence approval to this company.
Before making an application, please read impact on street lighting assets.
Fees for scaffolding and hoarding
- Licence fee £116
- Pre and post inspections (2 @ £58) £116
- Weekly inspection £29 per week
- Refundable deposit £120
- This licence fee is renewable weekly at £29 per week
Fees for a portable cabin
- Application £315
- Apply for a licence to erect scaffolding, hoarding or place a portable cabin on the highway
- Tell us about a change to your existing scaffolding, hoarding or portable cabin licence
- Extend your current scaffolding, hoarding or portable cabin licence
Telephone: 023 8079 8060