In this section

Housing services online

Your Local Housing Office can give you a range of help, advice and information on your council home and the services available to you, such as:

  • Reporting and dealing with neighbour nuisance
  • Neighbourhood Wardens
  • Tenancy queries
  • Abandoned vehicles
  • Empty property management
  • Applying for a council owned garage
  • Nuisance trees

The quickest and easiest way to access all of these housing services is online.

Housing Office contact details

If you live in Millbrook, Maybush, Lordshill, Shirley, Coxford, or Lordswood contact

Shirley Local Housing Office
Redcar Street,
SO15 5LL
Tel: 023 8078 9344

If you live in Bevois, Swaythling, Northam, Bassett, or St Denys contact

Central Local Housing Office
100f St Mary Street,
SO14 1PE
Tel: 023 8083 2211

If you live in Thornhill, Harefield, Hightown, or Bitterne contact

Thornhill Local Housing Office
Hinkler Community Centre
328 Hinkler Road,
SO19 6DF
Tel: 023 8042 0520

If you live in Woolston, Sholing, Merryoak, or Townhill Park contact

Woolston Local Housing Office
Centenary Quay,
Victoria Road
SO19 9EF
Tel: 023 8044 2604

Neighbourhood Wardens

Your Neighbourhood Warden is responsible for helping to keep your neighbourhood clean and tidy.

You can contact your Neighbourhood Warden by

  • Speaking to them when they are out and about on your estate (the staff in red tops)
  • Emailing them at your Local Housing Office 
  • Leaving a message at your Local Housing Office

Keeping you informed

Tenants’ Link is a monthly e-magazine delivered straight to your inbox. It’s packed with housing news and important information just for tenants and leaseholders, along with lifestyle articles on issues ranging from getting a job to keeping fit. You can find out what’s happening in your area, planned improvements to your home and neighbourhood and read the latest benefits advice. Tenants’ Link is also a platform to showcase the achievements of our residents and highlight how you can get involved and influence the housing service.

Sign up for your free monthly copy of tenants' link

Our comments, compliments, and complaints procedure

We take your views seriously. If you wish to make a complaint about council services, a detailed complaints policy is available on our website. There are two stages in the council’s complaint process.

In the first instance, you should contact the service area dealing with the issue. If the matter is unresolved, then you should put your complaint in writing (whether online, email, or by letter) directly to the Manager responsible for that team. Your online form, email, or letter should include:

  • name
  • address
  • contact details
  • what has happened
  • when it occurred
  • who was dealing with the matter
  • how the council can put this right

The Manager responsible for the service area will then carry out an investigation into what has gone wrong and attempt to put it right. You will receive a written response either by letter or email. The response will outline the next stage of the complaints process should you remain dissatisfied with the outcome.

If you remain dissatisfied after you have received our stage 1 response, you can then contact our Complaints Resolution Team to request an independent review of the complaint at Stage 2 for the complaints process or in certain circumstances you can ask for a review by the Tenants Panel.