We are responsible for the day to day maintenance and improvement of over 16,500 council owned homes as well as providing property maintenance services to leaseholders, civic buildings, and to schools across the city.
We employ a dedicated workforce of skilled trade operatives.
- Make sure that properties are maintained in a good condition and meet the agreed Moving In and Out standards
- Develop our repairs service in line with the Chartered Institute of Housing’s Repairs Charter and we expect customers to look after their homes and carry out repairs they are responsible for
- Make it easy to request a repair and we will listen to and aim to respond to our residents’ requests and expectations
- Give you a job reference number and offer you a range of appointment dates and times when you request a repair
- Aim to complete over 95% of repairs on the first visit at a time that is convenient to the customer and make emergency repairs safe within two hours
- Ask for your feedback on the repairs we carry out in your home and use the feedback to improve the service
- Complete 100% of required gas and electrical safety checks within the legally prescribed timescales
- Ensure any council operative or contractor working in your home has ID, and adhere to the Repairs Code of Conduct