The city wide block rep forum is a chance for the elected block reps across the city and the council to work together to improve the service for all. The forum enables block reps to:
- Obtain information about what is going on in council housing services, the city council and other organisations
- Communicate the views of the residents they represent to the city council and other organisations
- Act as consultative body when new or updated policies, procedures or working practices are proposed
- Share their experiences and spread good practice, especially about their role and how they can make a difference in their area
The forum is open to all officially elected block and street reps and those going through the process of becoming block or street reps.
The meetings are held four times a year on a Tuesday – please contact Tenant Engagement on 023 8083 3185 or email email@example.com to find out more about the meetings and block rep election process.
Become a block or street rep
To attend the forum meetings, you need to be a street or a block rep.
If you are interested and would like to apply please read Block and Street Reps: a short guide.
How to become a block or street rep
You can fill in the form to let us know you would like to become a Block or Street Rep.
Remember: Reps are elected by their neighbours for five years and we do carry out a DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service– i.e. Police) check so you will also need to be prepared to show us some forms of ID.
Before you fill in this form
You won't be able to save this form to complete later, so please allow yourself a couple of minutes to fill in the form.
Some of the issues the group got involved in over the last year:
- Contributed to the improvement of the online reporting repairs form
- Successfully argued the need for block reps to get the keys for block notice boards
- Improved the recycling system in the blocks as there were some faults in the way recycling collections were delivered: from missing bins, to regularly missed collections, broken glass etc.
- Improved housing service delivery – Block rep forum is an amazing platform for block reps to raise city wide issues directly with professionals: from fly tipping and parking issue to uncollected bins, uncut grass etc.
- Acted as a platform for professionals to hear what is important locally to tenants and what needs to be improved
- The City Wide Block Rep Forum Focus Group improved relationships between block reps and local housing offices
- The forum helped to keep tenants informed
- Improved neighbourhoods
- The forum asked for free green bins for blocks looking after their communal gardens; the tenants looking after the communal green area can now have FREE green bins