Here you can find all the information a school needs to start their journey towards being a sustainable school.
Southampton resources and ideas linked to the Ten Eco School Topic Areas
On these pages and the links below you will find information about what Southampton City Council is offering schools, general information about the topic and helpful links and case studies to other examples of sustainable schools in action.
Global Citizenship SHOW
Healthy living SHOW
School grounds SHOW
We visited St Mary’s school in their ecology and sustainability week to teach a class of children about hedgehogs.
They also then received and placed a hedgehog box on their school site.
For more information visit biodiversity for schools.
Congratulations to the following schools for installing their hedgehog box:
- Foundry Lane Primary School
- St Marys CE Primary School
Congratulations to the following schools for installing swift boxes:
- Foundry Lane Primary
- Kanes Hill Primary, who have installed a swift call system to encourage the birds to come and investigate the boxes!
- Redbridge Community School
- Regents Park Community College
- St John's Primary and Nursery School
- Shirley Infant School
- Shirley Junior School
- Swaythling Primary School
Calendar of events
See the calendar of events.
Read about the healthy eating for schools.