Your tenancy

Southampton Housing Self-Serve

Tenancy agreement

Your tenancy agreement is a legal document that describes the rights and responsibilities of the council, as your landlord, and you as our tenant. It is important that you familiarise yourself with it.

You can download a copy of your tenancy agreement here.

If you would like a copy of your tenancy agreement in another language, please contact us at

Ending your tenancy

If you wish to end your council tenancy, please download and complete the Notice of Intention to Vacate Property form, sign it, and return it to your local housing office.

Tell us you're ending your tenancy

Moving out standard - read our guide to moving out of your council property

Moving in standard - read our guide to moving in to your council property

Tenants handbook

Your tenants handbook contains all the useful information and details you may need as a tenant of Southampton City Council.

If you need further information or more details please contact your local housing office